Perimeter WiFi Wireless Dog Fence
The first and only WiFi Fence for dogs. Perimeter technologies Wire-Free fence utilizes the latest fully integrated transceivers used in advanced asset tracking applications and the latest wireless communications devices.
Dog lovers can now have an intelligent dog fence that not only provides freedom from the hassles of buried wires, but an indoor Smart Station that controls your dog's (circular) boundary and communicates important system and safety information back to you. While enjoying their outdoor freedom, the pet's collar is wirelessly connected and communicating information hundreds of times per second back to the indoor Smart Station.
This new Wire-Free is a snap to setup. Plug the indoor SmartStation into any household 110v outlet, pop the rechargeable battery into the Pet Link collar and you're ready to set your pet's circular boundary. To set the fence boundary, simply push the program button on the SmartStation, walk the Pet Link collar out to the nearest desired fence boundary, return to the indoor SmartStation and push the program button to save your settings. It's as easy as that! You're ready for training your pet to their new fencing system.
Unlike other wireless systems, the Wire-Free radio frequency signal used by the Perimeter WiFi is not affected by your yard's terrain. The Wire-Free Fence's effective range will be reduced over hilly terrain only if the indoor SmartStation base station loses direct line of sight (such as over a steep hill) with the dog's collar.
However, unlike all other wireless systems, the indoor SmartStation will actually benefit from a higher location in the house, such as a second story, to improve its "line of sight" with the pet's fencing collar when dealing with difficult terrain issues.
Another nice feature of the Perimeter WiFi dog fence system is that the collar uses a rechargeable 3.6v lithium battery, which should take about 300 recharge cycles. Even with frequent weekly charging, the battery will last years. For optimal battery life, it is recommended to only charge the collar battery when alerted to do so by the indoor SmartStation. This consumer replaceable battery is inexpensive and readily available.
Settings = 8 Selective Levels to Fine tune your System for each Dog.
Setting 1 - Tone only warning.
Settings 2 thru 8 - Progressively stronger static correction per level.
How the WiFi Dog System Works:
The Wi-Fi Collar Transceiver is the Most Advanced collar available. It is extremely small at 2.5" wide, 1.5" high and 1.25" deep. It only weighs an amazing 2.3 ounces, yet is packed with the most advanced electronics ever. The Wi-Fi Collar Transceiver offers more customized options than any other collar. The collar can be pre-set at one of 8 settings, (1 being a tone only warning, and 2 thru 8 offering stronger correction per level). When approaching the preset circular boundary the collar emits a warning tone. If your dog continues to approach the boundary, the pre-set correction level will be triggered. Remember, unlike any other system, you can monitor this from your Smart Wi-Fi Base Station. Remember each collar can be independently programmed to allow you to customize your system for the temperament of each dog. Should your dog leave the Safe Zone the Correction will halt after 30 seconds.
Perimeter Technologies advises that you should not purchase the WiFi dog fence system (and consider a wire dog fence system) if you have any of the following concerns:
- Your pet's boundary will be in the shape of a circle, originating from the SmartStation mounted in your home or garage. This circle will have a radius of 10 to 200 ft. If a circle boundary will not work for your particular yard or situation, you should purchase a wire dog fence system.
- This new technology works best with LINE OF SIGHT. The PetLink collar must always be in LINE OF SIGHT with the SmartStation. If this will not always be the case, you should purchase a wire dog fence system.
- If you have metal siding and/or roof, you should purchase a wire dog fence system.
- If you have large metal structures on your property, you should purchase a wire dog fence system.
- If you wish to contain your dog(s) in wooded areas, you should purchase a wire dog fence system.
- If you have an in-house wifi router that operates on or near the 802.15 wireless communications protocol.
If you have any questions, please send us an email first.
Keep in mind, this system works very good for some areas, and not good at all for others. We have done our best to describe the Perimeter Technologies WiFI dog fence, and for what situations it may not, or may work in. Please make sure you read this entire article. We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee, however, the original shipping charge is not refunded. And the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
- Transmitter Size: 5" x 5" x 3"
- Coverage area: 10-200 ft. radius (up to 2 full acres)
- Superior 2.4 GHz WiFi Signal Technology provides up to 3 times the coverage area of other wireless systems.
- 802.15 latest wireless technology
- Soft rubber Comfort Contacts
- 8 different collar settings. Setting 1 Tone Only Warning, Settings 2 thru 8 are progressively stronger correction levels.
- Wireless SmartStation is 1/10th the size of other wireless systems indoor units and can be conveniently located just about anywhere.
- Real time range indication
- Fence challenge indication
- View your dog's collar battery status without ever touching their collar.
- Waterproof collar
- Collar transceiver uses a replaceable, rechargeable lithium ion battery.
- Collar fully charges in 4 to 6 hours.
- For pets 25lbs. and larger.
- Receiver/collar weight is only 2.3 oz. with battery.
- Outer dimension on collar - 1.5"W x 2.5"L x 1.25"D
- System includes DC power adapter for mobile use. (RV, etc.)
- Capable of containing 1 or 2 dogs.
- WiFi Manual
WiFi Wire-Free FAQ's